Businesses are quite hard to handle in general, and frustration continues to build when the money you spend in marketing and sales doesn’t return the expected outcome. But, things do get brighter for the present generation of entrepreneurs. Yes, we have social media to depend on. There are several plus sides to using this marketing tool, however, we like to focus on the cons as well while suggesting marketing tools to our readers. To help give you a better understanding we have put together a list of pros and cons.
Now, let’s get started!
Pros of Social Media Marketing
- Increases Brand Loyalty: Social media marketing when used effectively provides a basis for your brand to occupy a strong position in the market. Thus, allowing you to increase brand loyalty. Which in turn influences the buying decision of your audience.
- Cost Efficient: By using social media marketing, you can utilize your budget effectively to achieve your marketing goals without exceeding the budget you have. As the social platforms are free, you can open an account and maintain the same by posting images and content to market your brand.
- Increase in ROI: One of the beauties of using social media channels is that it boosts the rate of conversion, therefore, allowing you to increase your ROI in abundance.
- Go Global: Social media is a platform where everyone spends quality time searching for one thing to another. However, when you manage the social media channels effectively, you will stand a better chance of generating loads of traffic, and even converting them into sales on a larger scale.
Cons of Social Media Marketing
- Consumes Time: The task of gathering your target audience and keeping them engaged to stay loyal to you for years is not as easy, or as quick as you think. To succeed at such, you need to attain strong strategies and enough time to convert them. In addition, there’s the requirement of spending immense amount of time to interact with them, respond to their feedback, write and post blogs, images, and videos and many more to keep them glued to your page.
- Delay in ROI: When businesses start generating traffic, it is expected to be turned into sales by many business owners of today. And, it’s only when there are sales that there can be a ROI. This depends on how effective your marketing strategies are. It could take months or years to generate sales from Social Media. But off course, with the right team and the right strategy, years can be turned into a matter of months.
- It Involves Money: Social media platforms are free, but there are concealed costs involved when you want to generate quick sales conversions. For example, if you are looking to create a vigorous campaign, you might need to invest in a team of digital marketing experts, and further, to boost your campaign small compensations are expected to be paid. Investing in an expert will help you make your brand go global even more quickly than expected.
4. Negative Feedback: Negative comments and feedback most especially when it is posted on social media by the audience can be detrimental to the company’s image. But, with good management from an expert, you can overcome or prevent that from happening. Seek Urbansoft for any assistance related to our services and products.