Drupal, being a free open source content management system, is distributed under public license and is coded in PHP. This is self can be stated as one of the reasons why we love it, any ways to get you to really understand the real importance of Drupal, let’s focus on some other facts.
- Open-source : The term is self sufficient, this means that the CMS is totally accessible to all and you need not own a license to use it.
- Theme/ Design: Let’s go crazy, we need not stick to the taste of someone else’s design, custom designs can be created and can be fixed within the Drupal content management system. Enabling easier and friendlier usage of the same.
- Extensively Effective: The technique and ideas put into creating Drupal is just awesome. You can use the same to work on both basic websites of just 5 pages in which you can only edit content to a massive CMS where you can coordinate ‘n’ number of pages. There is another advantage as well, where it can be used by multiple users with any type of functionality of your choice. Since Drupal has its own community the pre-built functionality can also be shared among st them making the resource immediately usable saving you precious time.
- Fits ecommerce like a hat: Ubercart associated with ecommerce is the choice, where customers can have a walk in the park like experience. The functionalities seen on Ubercart, take the cake here, even little things like pricing, automated emails, coupons and stuff like that makes it stand out as a accomplished website management system.
- Easy identifications: Since Drupal was designed in a way where they use words and no numbers; it makes it very SEO friendly. There are also other options to boost your content of the ESO by using modules like tags, Meta tags, custom URLs and many more.
- Customer user friendly: As I have already said, people don’t need to know algebra to make a simple addition, all you need to know is how to add. Same here, you need not deal with coding you just need to know how to post your content to the page. It’s as easy as posting on facebook.
- Self Management: The ball is in your court, you need not depend on another team top make the necessary changes, you also have the options to restrict access and grant access to whom so ever is entitled to it. You are the sole puppeteer.
- Categories/ taxonomy: As we all love to be organized but rarely are, we know what kind of soup we fall in when we are not. The same can happen to a website. Categorizing is as important as scheduling your daily task. It makes things easily accessible. The tags and the meta tags are of great help here too, the same content can be portrayed on n number of pages at the same time if necessary.
- Worldwide: The excellent services provided by Drupal, also makes it know worldwide. With links across as many platforms such as Facebook, linked in, twitter and more, questions related to Drupal can be cleared in a jiffy. Besides this Drupal continues to strengthen its content management system by conducting worldwide events at Drupalcon, to update it users on the latest.
- Drupal’s Track record: Drupal’s track record had me amazed, they have even got the white hose to use them. Let’s have a brief look on the same.
And many more.